Monday, October 24, 2011

How To Tell Your Employer You're Pregnant When They Don't Want You To Be

Today was hard and I day I have been dreading since I found out I was pregnant. One of the things I said to Russ when I found out that I was pregnant was that I was going to loose my job. We always knew I would be a stay at home mom, but my job was such that there is no maternity leave. I know that my employer wasn't planning on me getting pregnant and that since they couldn't get pregnant and had to adopt their children the didn't want me to get pregnant either. So today after avoiding it, hiding my belly, etc. I told them. Of course, it went how I planned where they were shocked and not really thrilled. You know what though? I don't care, nobody can take away my happiness over this baby. Of course we talked about when I would leave my job, I told them I would like to stay on till March, but we will see what happens. I will be surprised if I make it that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment